It was back in 1922 when Thomas J. Cooney opened his one room funeral parlor on Chicago's north side. It was located on the corner of Marshfield and Addison in the shadows of the St. Andrew Church. We take tremendous pride in his decision to serve others in their time of need as we continue to put families first when their loved ones pass away. In 1928, our grandfather moved to a larger building at 3552 N. Southport Ave.
His warm personality and generous being soon made him a popular man within the community. His sons Thomas Jr. and Martin A. would follow him into the business and become the second generation to control the business.
After serving in World War II, they reconstructed the funeral home on Southport doubling its size. After serving the Lakeview neighborhood for 80 years we decided to close the Southport location. It was the result of a congested area where parking became impossible in the bustling neighborhood.
We purchased two properties, one at 625 N. Busse Highway in Park Ridge and the second property at 3918 W. Irving Park Rd. We assure you that our tradition of serving our friends and families on the North side of Chicago will continue for generations to come.